We help companies win in court. Our lawyers have received such accolades as being called a “real trial lawyer” and a “talented litigator” who “efficiently manages discovery with an eye toward summary judgment and trial.” We have won trials both for and against the government, defeated complex cases through dispositive motions, and resolved litigations through favorable settlements.
Here are a few examples:
Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
- American Reprographics Co. v. Crisp Enterprises: Co-lead trial counsel for plaintiff in 3-week trade secrets case. Settled on appeal.
- Tesla, Inc. v. Rivian Automotive: Lead counsel for automotive manufacturer in trade secrets case against competitor and former employees.
- Sporting Supplies Int’l v. Tulammo Inc.: Defended manufacturer and distributor in trade secrets and unfair competition case. Settled after summary judgment motions.
- Beckman Coulter v. Quidel Corp.: Lead counsel for diagnostic healthcare product manufacturer in antitrust challenge to exclusive dealing agreement. Won writ of mandate at Court of Appeal.
- Realcomp II Ltd.: Lead trial counsel for the FTC in challenge to rules set by a real estate broker joint venture. Won unanimous Commission decision.
- 1-800 Contacts, Inc.: Co-counsel for respondent in five-week antitrust trial challenging settlements of trademark litigation.
- Union Oil Company Of California: Trial counsel for FTC in 43-day monopolization trial involving patents covering reformulated gasoline. Obtained complete relief through consent decree.
- Rambus Inc.: Trial counsel for respondent in 54-day trial of monopolization claims involving patents and standard setting. Obtained dismissal of all claims.
- AFMS LLC v. UPS and FedEx: Defended transportation company against antitrust claims involving alleged refusal to deal. Won summary judgment.
- Nikon Metrology v. Faro: Lead counsel for antitrust issues in patent infringement case involving antitrust counterclaims. Won summary judgment dismissing antitrust claims.
- Vizio v. Funai: Lead antitrust counsel in case involving alleged monopolization through standard-essential patents. Won dismissal of monopolization claims.
- Zilincik v. Tesla Motors: Lead trial counsel for defendants in 6-week breach of contract trial involving employee stock options.
- Fehmer v. Jacks: Defended limited liability member against claims by another member. Defeated preliminary injunction. Matter settled.
- Scardina v. Masterpiece Cakeshop and Jack Phillips: Lead trial counsel for defendants in widely publicized free speech and religious freedom case.
Class Action Litigation
- Son v. Tesla, Inc.: Co-lead counsel defending auto manufacturer in class action alleging sudden unintended acceleration. Obtained dismissal of all class claims.
- Wiseman v. Tesla, Inc.: Co-lead counsel defending auto manufacturer in class action regarding regenerative braking. Obtained dismissal.
- Sheikh v. Tesla, Inc.: Co-lead counsel defending auto manufacturer in class action regarding Enhanced Autopilot features. Obtained class-wide settlement.