We help companies navigate the antitrust laws, win antitrust litigation, and deal with antitrust enforcement agencies. Our antitrust practice is led by a former government antitrust official with over 20 years of experience litigating antitrust cases and counseling on antitrust issues. We have won antitrust cases at trial, defeated antitrust claims through dispositive motions, successfully advocated before the DOJ and FTC, and written in leading antitrust publications.
Here are a few examples:
- 1-800 Contacts, Inc.: Co-counsel for respondent in five-week antitrust trial challenging settlements of trademark litigation and in a follow-on class action. Client prevailed on appeal in the Second Circuit.
- Realcomp II Ltd.: Lead trial counsel for the FTC in challenge to rules set by a real estate broker joint venture. Won unanimous Commission decision, which was affirmed by the Sixth Circuit.
- Union Oil Company Of California: Trial counsel for FTC in 43-day monopolization trial involving patents covering reformulated gasoline. Obtained complete relief through consent decree.
- Rambus Inc.: Trial counsel for respondent in 54-day trial of monopolization claims involving patents and standard setting. Obtained dismissal of all claims, which was upheld by the D.C. Circuit.
- AFMS LLC v. UPS and FedEx: Defended transportation company against antitrust claims involving alleged refusal to deal. Won summary judgment, which was affirmed by the Ninth Circuit.
- Nikon Metrology v. FARO: Lead counsel for antitrust issues in patent infringement case involving antitrust counterclaims. Won summary judgment dismissing antitrust claims.
- Vizio v. Funai: Lead antitrust counsel in case involving alleged monopolization through standard-essential patents. Won dismissal of monopolization claims.